James Turrell, Luther’s Light: Light art presentation and introduction (in English)
James Turrell (*1943) is an American artist primarily concerned with light and space. Since July 2015 he shows a site specific light installation at the newly renovated burial chapel of Dorotheenstädtischer cemetery in the center of Berlin.
The permanent installation is the only artwork by Turrell that is accessible to the public in Berlin, it can only be seen during sunset hours. Guided art tours in English take place on Fridays and Sundays.
Information on the cemetery, the remodelling of the chapel and the permanent light installation by James Turrell and Nedelykov Moreira Architects.
- Duration: 1 hour (including 30 min introduction)
- Entrance fee: 10 €
- To prevent the spread of the corona virus please cover your nose and mouth
- To keep you safe, there is only space for a limited amount of 20 visitors
- Please note that we will deny you entrance, if you are showing flu symptoms
- Please make a reservation online: evfbs.de/tickets
- Please purchase tickets at the chapel 30 Minutes before the event (cash only)
- Please note that reservations expire, if you are not on time
- Cancellation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ev. Friedhofsverband Berlin Stadtmitte
10115 Berlin (Mitte)
U-Bhf Oranienburger Tor